I. JOB SUMMARY:
The Grants Manager will be responsible for developing fundraising strategies for current and potential funders, writing grant proposals to public and private funders, including foundations and corporations, and persuasively communicating Broward Partnership’s mission and programs to funders and the community at large. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Grants Manager will prepare and submit grant proposals, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with funders as appropriate, conduct prospect research, prepare and submit reports, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. This position will also contributing to the overall communications plan for Broward Partnership.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Oversee Broward Partnership’s grant process, including writing and submitting grant proposals, developing budgets, crafting and submitting fiscal and programmatic reports, and ensuring compliance with funding guidelines and deliverables.
2. Research and analyze funding opportunities from Federal, State, Local and private philanthropic sources and make considered recommendations for “best fit” opportunities to the Chief Development Officer.
3. Meet and exceed fundraising goals in restricted and unrestricted grant funding.
4. Manage and track grant deadlines, develop internal reporting systems, and maintain excellent grant records.
5. Coordinate with executive leadership on stewardship activities involving funders and other prospects.
6. Participate in development and execution of the resource development philanthropy plan.
7. Benchmark and develop best practices to enhance the grant writing program.
8. Coordinate with executive leadership on the preparation of agency written materials as needed, including all grant and major gift thank you letters, donor correspondence, press releases, event scripts and other materials.
9. Maintain an active presence within the community as an ambassador of the Agency and develop strong relationships with philanthropic and corporate contacts.
10. Participate in special events, fundraising, social and community events as assigned.
11. Assist with implementation of strategies to recognize donors.
12. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be responsible to perform any other job-related instructions/tasks given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field. At least five years’ experience in grant writing, fundraising and special events preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office, the use of databases and other fundraising software with excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work flexible hours and possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
IV. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Grants Manager works in settings of BP, including offices, classrooms, group rooms as well as being involved in other areas of BP programs both on and off campus. In addition, the position is active in the community as situations warrant, representing BP.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title of “Grants Manager” in the subject line.
Broward Partnership is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all federal and state laws, and regulations. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-verify.
For a downloadable pdf of this posting, please click here.