The Activities Coordinator will facilitate the onsite supportive services provided at the North Homeless Assistance Center’s (HAC) Day Respite Center, including showers, clothing exchange, food pantry, personal hygiene supply distribution, computer lab, and classrooms, and will work collaboratively with staff to provide life skills training, educational activities, and appropriate referrals for other needed services. The Activities Coordinator uses Motivational Interviewing skills to actively engage clients and encourage them to participate in appropriate on-site activities that foster housing stability and increased income. The Activities Coordinator conducts data entry in the required electronic systems to track client demographic information and services provided. The Activities Coordinator understands that Broward County follows a Housing First model and that all clients’ experience with homelessness should be rare, brief, and non-recurring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Oversees the supportive activities provided in the Day Respite Center, including showers, clothing exchange, food pantry, distribution of personal hygiene supplies and other personal items, computer lab, and classrooms.
2. Maintains flow, access and coordination of clients on a daily basis and maintains a clean and orderly space for client activity.
3. Works with the Director of Program Services to develop a weekly schedule of activities and ensures that the schedule is updated regularly and posted throughout the HAC campus.
4. Orientates clients to available onsite resources and provide access to various services in the Day Respite Center.
5. Actively engages clients throughout campus to encourage them to participate in the supportive and educational activities provided in the Day Respite Center. Works collaboratively with Residential Coordinators and Safety Officers to engage clients into Day Respite Center programming.
6. Provides life skills training and other educational activities directly to clients.
7. Completes initial assessments with clients to assist in determining immediate client need.
8. Facilitates warm handoffs for clients who need to meet with a Case Manager. Provides information and referrals for clients for other needed services.
9. Provides all services utilizing appropriate evidence-based practices, such as Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, and Housing First Practices.
10. Works with the Job Developers to assist clients in accessing employment and training opportunities.
11. Participates in the overall quality improvement process in order to maximize program effectiveness as directed by the Director of Program Services.
12. Maintains all client information and services provided in the electronic records system in accordance with established policies and procedures, including timeliness and accuracy requirements.
13. Attends scheduled trainings and meetings as required.
14. Cross trains and works across programs to ensure success of the Day Respite Center.
15. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be responsible to perform any other job-related instructions/tasks given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Education/Experience: High School diploma or GED with one year experience. Associates degree in Social Work or related field preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office, excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills and strong organizational and time management skills and knowledge of community resources preferred. Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License. Must be able to work flexible hours and possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Activities Coordinator works in settings of Broward Partnership, including offices, classrooms, group rooms as well as being involved in other areas of Broward Partnership programs both on and off campus. In addition, the position is active in the community as situations warrant, representing Broward Partnership.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title of “ Activities Coordinator” in the subject line.
Broward Partnership is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all federal and state laws, and regulations. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-verify.
For a downloadable pdf of this posting, click here.